Travellers arriving into the following UK ports from Monday 8th June are affected:
- Poole (only if arriving from France)
- Portsmouth (only if arriving from France/Spain)
Please note anyone arriving from the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man does not have to enter quarantine.
The government is requesting travellers please fill in this online form before they embark the ferry, which is available here:
Further extra UK government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control
This official government page details who is exempt from filling in the form as well as other useful information. It is each travellers' responsibility to please fill in the form or possibly risk being fined.
Before you start filling in the form you’ll need:
- your passport details
- the name of the ferry company you’re travelling with (e.g. DFDS Seaways)
- the name of the company organising your tour group if relevant
(as AFerry does not organise tours this should be left blank)
- your booking reference (e.g. the DFDS Seaways reference number)
- the name port you’ll be arriving into
- the date you’ll be arriving
- your ferry number
- the address you’ll be staying at for your first 14 days in the UK
- details of someone who can be contacted if you get ill while you’re in the UK
This rule will be reviewed by the UK government every 3 weeks and some anticipate if the UK has avoided a second wave of Coronavirus-related illnesses then it is possible it may be removed.