This article tells your how to make changes to your booking and help you find any information relating to your Stena Line ferry booking.
How to make changes to your booking
Here are some helpful articles to help you make changes to your booking if your travel plans change:
Other popular questions:
Are Stena Line ferries running as normal?
If you have entered you mobile number when you booked you will be updated by SMS if anything changes, but you can also check the latest information regarding Stena Line Travel updates.
Commercial Mesures for customers affected by the borders closure & UK lockdown starting 20/12/20:
- Customers travelling to the Republic of Ireland: The Irish Government has issued a ban on all ferry passengers arriving from Britain into the Republic of Ireland with effect from midnight Sunday 20/12/20 until midnight 08/01/21. Only essential supply chain workers with official proof of such status are permitted to travel.
- Customers travelling to Holland: As of 00.00 on 23/12/20 people travelling to the Netherlands by sea from the United Kingdom must be able to present a negative test result and declaration for COVID-19.
Passengers must show their negative test result and declaration to the ferry operator and to the authorities in the Netherlands.
- We fully understand that you may be concerned about your current and future travel plans and you can chose from one of the options below:
- Stena Line have removed amendment fees for the affected bookings. Please change your booking like normal in your account.
- Stena Line are allowing cancellations with refunds in the form of an Open Ticket for customers which haven’t decided a new date for travel in 2021 yet.
- Stena Line are allowing cancellations with refunds.
Do I need to wear a face mask to travel?
Yes. From 15/06/20 all Stena Line passengers* will be required to wear face masks or face coverings whilst in ports or onboard the vessels when travelling on the Irish Sea and North Sea routes.
* Children under the age of three and individuals with a breathing condition, illness, or disability that prevents or hinders them from wearing a face-covering are exempt from this requirement.
Below is a video by Stena Line to reassure passengers on how they are making sure you 'Sail safe':
Can I get a credit note for my Stena Line booking?
All customers that are due to travel with Stena Line up until 30/06/20* are able to request a credit note, of the same value, for future travel.
*Until 30/06/20 in the UK, Ireland, France and the Netherlands.
*Until 30/07/20 in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Poland and Lithuania.
*Until 31/08/20 in Germany
If you are travelling outside of this period** then standard Stena Line Terms and Conditions apply and amendment and cancellation conditions vary by product. For increased flexibility please consider Stena Line’s Flexi and Premium fares.
**From 01/07/20 in the UK, Ireland, France and the Netherlands.
**From 01/08/20 in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Poland and Lithuania.
**From the 01/09/20 in Germany
When does my Stena Line credit note or voucher expire?
Stena Line credit notes must be redeemed by 30/11/20 and travelled by 31/12/21.
Can I get a refund for my Stena Line booking?
If you hold a booking made on our German website, and you haven't been able to travel due to Covid-19 you are entitled to a refund by the 31/08/20.
Information about my Stena Line ferry
What time is Check-in? When do I need to check in?
The latest check in times for Stena Line routes are as follows:
- Holyhead to Dublin, Fishguard to Rosslare, Rosslare to Cherbourg, Kiel to Gothenburg, Frederikshavn to Gothenburg, Grenaa to Halmstad - check in closes 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Belfast to Cairnryan, Harwich to Hook of Holland - check in closes 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Belfast to Liverpool, Rostock to Trelleborg, Gydnia to Karlskrona - check in closes 60 minutes prior to departure.
- Travemunde to Liepaja - check in closes 120 minutes prior to departure.