This article tells your how to make changes to your booking and help you find any information relating to your Brittany Ferries ferry booking.
How to make changes to your booking
Here are some helpful articles to help you make changes to your booking if your travel plans change:
Other popular questions:
Do I need to wear a face mask to travel?
Yes. Masks must be worn at all times when in public areas of the ports and ships. Below is a video by Brittany Ferries to reassure passengers about sailing safely this summer:
Are Brittany Ferries ferries running as normal?
Brittany Ferries will not be carrying foot passengers from 15/09/20 until March 2021.
Commercial Measures for customers affected by the UK quarantine starting 15/08/20:
- Customers no longer wishing to travel may be able to amend to a later date.
- As the sailings are operating the cancellation terms of ticket apply.
Brittany Ferries have resumed some sailings from the 29/06/20*.
- *Portsmouth-St Malo-Portsmouth sailings have resumed on the 17/07/20.
- *Portsmouth-Caen-Portmouth sailings have resumed on the 12/07/20.
- *Poole-Cherbourg-Poole (ferry=Barfleur) all sailings cancelled until 31/08/20.
- *Portsmouth-Le Havre-Portsmouth (ferry=Etretat) all sailings cancelled until 31/08/20.
- *Portsmouth-Cherbourg-Portsmouth (ferry=Normandie Express) all sailings cancelled until 31/08/20.
- Spanish Services (ferry=Connemara) all sailings cancelled until 31/08/20.
- The sailings Portsmouth-Bilbao-Portsmouth on the 12/08/20, 13/08/20, 19/08/20, 20/08/20, 26/08/20 and 27/08/20 on the Cap Finistére ferry have been cancelled. Affected customer will be re-booked automatically onto the closest alternative sailing, on board the Pont Aven cruise-ferry. Bilbao to Portsmouth reservations due to depart on a Thursday will be moved onto the Santander to Plymouth service departing on the Wednesday at 21:15, arriving into the UK at 17:00 on Thursday afternoon. A mileage allowance of £55.00 will be automatically reimbursed to each booking. Portsmouth to Bilbao customers due to depart on a Wednesday will be moved onto the Portsmouth to Santander service departing on Tuesday at 17:45, arriving into Spain at 18:15 on Wednesday evening. A mileage allowance of £15.00 will be automatically reimbursed to each booking. Should the alternative not be suitable, customers are entitled to a refund.
Cancelled sailings on Armorique, Bretagne, Connemara & Pont Aven ferries
- Armorique ferry is cancelled from 31/08/20 to March 2021) on the Plymouth-Roscoff-Plymouth route. Affected customers will get automatically a refund for the period September-November, Customer travelling after November will be contacted to chose between a refund or defer their booking to a later date.
- Bretagne ferry is cancelled from 07/09/20 to 22/03/21 on the Portsmouth-St.Malo-Portsmouth route. Affected customers will get automatically a refund for the period September-November, Customer travelling after November will be contacted to chose between a refund or defer their booking to a later date.
- Connemara ferry will no longer operate Spanish routes from 01/09/20 to 01/11/20 and no longer operating Thursdays Portsmouth-Le Havre and Fridays Le Havre-Portsmouth sailings. Affected customers will get automatically a refund
- Pont-Aven ferry will no longer operate from 15/09/20 to 29/10/20 Tuesday’s sailings Portsmouth - Santander at 17:45, Wednesdays Santander - Plymouth at 21:15 and Thursdays Plymouth - Roscoff at 20:45. Affected customers will get automatically a refund.
- Barfleur ferry will no longer operate Poole-Cherbourg-Poole until March 2021.
- Kerry ferry will no longer operate Roscoff- Rosslare route from 07/09/20. Customer affected will be contacted to chose between a refund or defer their booking to a later date.
- Connemara ferry will no longer operate from 07/09/20 Portsmouth-Cherbourg and Portsmouth-Le Havre). Affected customers have been automatically transferred to Portsmouth-Caen-Portsmouth sailings as follows. If these are unsuitable, passengers have the option to cancel and receive a refund or defer their booking to 2021.
- Brittany Ferries crossings until November 2021 are now open.
If you have entered you mobile number when you booked you will be updated by SMS if anything changes, but you can also check the latest information regarding Brittany Ferries Travel updates here.
Can I get a credit note for my Brittany Ferries booking?
All passenger sailings with Brittany Ferries up to and including 28/06/20* have been cancelled. Customers who were due to travel on these sailings or on other sailings cancelled by Brittany Ferries will have their bookings cancelled and automatically receive a credit note, of the same value, for future travel.
If you are travelling outside of this period then standard Brittany Ferries Terms and Conditions apply.
When does my Brittany Ferries credit note or voucher expire?
Brittany Ferries credit notes are valid for travel for 2 years.
Information about my Brittany Ferries crossing
What time is Check in? When do I need to check in?
Check in closes 45 minutes prior to departure for all routes.
Brittany Ferries recommend you check-in at least 90 minutes before departure.