This article tells your how to make changes to your booking and help you find any information relating to your Brittany Ferries ferry booking.
England National travel restrictions – you can only travel internationally for essential reasons
- Whilst national restrictions are in place, you can only travel internationally from England for legally permitted reasons. This does not include holidays.
- From 08/03/21, travellers departing from England to travel internationally must complete a travel declaration form and carry it with them along any evidence supporting the reason for their trip.
- Exemptions to the travel ban include some work, volunteering, education, medical or compassionate grounds and some weddings and funerals.
- Travellers will be required to show the form at the port of departure. It is an offence to enter a port of departure or embarkation point without a properly completed form if travelling internationally. Travellers may be issued with a fixed penalty notice and directed to return home if you do not have a valid reason for travel.
How to make changes to your booking
Here are some helpful articles to help you make changes to your booking if your travel plans change:
Other popular questions:
Do I need to wear a face mask to travel?
Yes. Masks must be worn at all times when in public areas of the ports and ships. Below is a video by Brittany Ferries to reassure passengers about sailing safely this summer:
Are Brittany Ferries ferries running as normal?
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 travel restrictions, the following ships and routes will not operate as planned from 22/03/21 until 16/05/21 (inclusive):
Plymouth to Roscoff
Cork to Roscoff
Poole to Cherbourg
Portsmouth to St Malo
Portsmouth to Bilbao
Plymouth to Roscoff
Portsmouth to Caen*
*denotes freight only service
- Brittany Ferries are still operating some services to France and Spain and customers can amend their sailing to one of these, amendment fees have been suspended temporarily.
- If customers doesn’t wish to amend their sailing, they can have a credit note for future travel, valid for 2 years (one voucher per sailing in the booking will be issued).
- Alternatively, customers can have a refund.
If you have entered you mobile number when you booked you will be updated by SMS if anything changes, but you can also check the latest information regarding Brittany Ferries Travel updates here.
Can I get a credit note for my Brittany Ferries booking?
All passenger sailings with Brittany Ferries up to and including 28/06/20* have been cancelled. Customers who were due to travel on these sailings or on other sailings cancelled by Brittany Ferries will have their bookings cancelled and automatically receive a credit note, of the same value, for future travel.
If you are travelling outside of this period then standard Brittany Ferries Terms and Conditions apply.
When does my Brittany Ferries credit note or voucher expire?
Brittany Ferries credit notes are valid for travel for 2 years.
Information about my Brittany Ferries crossing
What time is Check in? When do I need to check in?
Check in closes 45 minutes prior to departure for all routes.
Brittany Ferries recommend you check-in at least 90 minutes before departure.
Information regarding travel on Galicia brand new Ferry
We are very excited that Galicia ferry has recently joined the Brittany Ferries fleet and we are looking forward to welcoming passengers on board to experience a little bit of Spain before they arrive.
Galicia ferry is operating slightly differently to Brittany Ferries’ other ferries:
- One dinner and breakfast per person is included in the ticket price.
- Dinner will consist of 3 courses with a selection of dishes to choose from, please note that drinks are not included.
- Breakfast will consist of a continental selection with juice and hot drink included. Passengers can upgrade to include a hot English breakfast for an additional cost (ask on board for full details).
- At check-in, passengers will be given an assigned time for dinner in our Azul restaurant, identified by a letter (A, B or C). On board, TV screens will display the letters and corresponding times. To avoid queues and maintain social distancing, we kindly ask passengers not to arrive before their allotted time.
- For breakfast, passengers are free to dine at their leisure in the Azul restaurant or the Taberna de Tapas. We ask that passengers check service times once on board.
- Access to the Commodore lounge can be pre-booked separately even if the customer has not booked a Commodore cabin or suite.
To find out more about the facilities on Galicia, please check the video above or visit