This article tells your how to make changes to your booking and help you find any information relating to your Irish Ferries booking.
England National travel restrictions – you can only travel internationally for essential reasons
- Whilst national restrictions are in place, you can only travel internationally from England for legally permitted reasons. This does not include holidays.
- From 08/03/21, travellers departing from England to travel internationally must complete a travel declaration form and carry it with them along any evidence supporting the reason for their trip.
- Exemptions to the travel ban include some work, volunteering, education, medical or compassionate grounds and some weddings and funerals.
- Travellers will be required to show the form at the port of departure. It is an offence to enter a port of departure or embarkation point without a properly completed form if travelling internationally. Travellers may be issued with a fixed penalty notice and directed to return home if you do not have a valid reason for travel.
How to make changes to your booking
Here are some helpful articles to help you make changes to your booking if your travel plans change:
Other popular questions:
Is my Irish Ferries’ crossing operating?
With Britain to Ireland travel restrictions announced from midnight 20/12/20 until the 31/12/20 the Irish Government has instructed Irish Ferries not to accept any passengers travelling to Ireland. Essential travel from Ireland via Wales is permitted.
Affected customers due to travel on from the 21/12/20 to the 31/12/20 from the UK to Ireland and customers from a Tier 4 Area between today and 31/12/20 are eligible to a credit note.
Do I need to wear a face mask to travel?
Irish Ferries advise that you should have a face mask / face covering when travelling.
Can I get a credit note for my Irish Ferries booking?
All customers that are due to travel with Irish Ferries up until 31/01/2021 are eligible to receive a credit note, of the same value, for future travel.
Credit note requests need to be made 72 hours before the original travel date.
When does my Irish Ferries credit note or voucher expire?
Irish Ferries credit notes must be redeemed by 31/12/21 and travelled by 31/12/21.
Credit note redemption need to be completed 72 hours before travelling.
Information about my Irish Ferries ferry
What time is Check-in? When do I need to check in?
The latest check in times for Irish Ferries routes are as follows:
Great Britain / Ireland Routes – latest check-in time
- Travelling with coach – 1 hour before departure
- Travelling with any other vehicle type - 30 minutes before departure
- Travelling on foot or cycling – 30 minutes before departure
France / Ireland Routes – latest check-in time
- Travelling with coach – 2 hours before departure
- Travelling with Motorcycle - 1 hour 30 minutes before departure
- Travelling with any other vehicle type - 1 hour before departure
- Travelling on foot or cycling– 1 hour before departure