This article tells your how to make changes to your booking and help you find any information relating to your P&O Ferries booking.
England National travel restrictions – you can only travel internationally for essential reasons
- Whilst national restrictions are in place, you can only travel internationally from England for legally permitted reasons. This does not include holidays.
- From 08/03/21, travellers departing from England to travel internationally must complete a travel declaration form and carry it with them along any evidence supporting the reason for their trip.
- Exemptions to the travel ban include some work, volunteering, education, medical or compassionate grounds and some weddings and funerals.
- Travellers will be required to show the form at the port of departure. It is an offence to enter a port of departure or embarkation point without a properly completed form if travelling internationally. Travellers may be issued with a fixed penalty notice and directed to return home if you do not have a valid reason for travel.
How to make changes to your booking
Here are some helpful articles to help you make changes to your booking if your travel plans change:
Other popular questions:
Do I need to wear a face mask to travel?
In line with recent government advice, it is now a requirement that all passengers, wear a facial covering when travelling on public transport, which includes ferry travel.
P&O Ferries want to reassure customers that they are doing everything we can to support their customers with your travel plans, in light of the unprecedented health risk in COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Are P&O Ferries running as normal?
Yes with restrictions from the UK to France and Republic of Ireland (from the 23/12/20 until the 06/01/21 and 08/01/21) and to Belgium and Netherlands (from the 20/12/20 until the 31/12/20).
- Affected customers have the following options: 1. Request a credit note until 15/02/21 ; 2. Move their booking to a future date without amendment fee (subject to price difference where applicable).
If you have entered you mobile number when you booked you will be updated by SMS if anything changes, but you can also check the latest information regarding P&O Ferries updates here.
Can I get a credit note for my P&O Ferries booking?
Credit notes are available for P&O Ferries customers who hold a ticket booked before the 17/05/21. The credit note is valid for a future booking of the same ticket type as the original booking. Excludes vehicles designed for commercial use.
If you are hold a ticket booked outside of this period then standard P&O Ferries Terms and Conditions apply.
Please note: a small number of COVID-19 affected P&O bookings have been moved into the future (e.g. December 2020). In this case please change your booking like normal (instead of following the credit note process).
When does my P&O Ferries credit note or voucher expire?
P&O Ferries credit notes must be redeemed and travelled by 30/09/2022.
Information about my P&O Ferries crossing
What time is Check in? When do I need to check in?
The latest check in times are as follows:
- Dover to Calais - vehicle check in closes 45 minutes prior to departure, and 60 minutes prior to departure for foot passengers or those travelling with pets.
- Hull to Rotterdam/Zeebrugge - check-in closes 90 minutes prior to departure for all passengers.
- Cairnryan to Larne - check-in closes 30 minutes prior to departure for vehicles, 45 minutes prior to departure for foot passengers or those travelling with pets, and 60 minutes prior to departure for passengers in need of special assistance or those with firearms.
- Dublin to Liverpool - check in closes 60 minutes prior to departure for vehicles, foot passengers, and those in need of special assistance. For those travelling with firearms, check in closes 90 minutes before departure.
Where is the Port? What is the Port address? How do I find the port?
To help you find the port for your ferry, here are the port addresses for P&O Ferries :
- Dover Ferry Port Address - Eastern Docks, Dover, Kent, CT16 1JA, United Kingdom
- Calais Ferry Port Address - Car Ferry Terminal, 62100 Calais, France
- Hull Ferry Port Address - Hull Ferry Terminal, King George Dock, Hedon Road, Hull, HU9 5PS, United Kingdom.
- Others are listed on the website and under the Information in your booking/account: